Nothing sets you up for the day like a good, hearty breakfast, but a traditional ‘full English’ isn’t always an option when you have limited cooking facilities, or you’ve not taken half a dozen pots and pans with you.
This recipe is quick, easy, and serves four people, with a minimum of facilities and utensils.
- 4 good quality pork chipolatas
- 4 rashers smoked back bacon
- 140g button mushrooms
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- Handful of grated cheese (optional)
- Heat a medium non stick frying pan, add the chipolatas and fry for 3 minutes.
- Add the bacon, turning occasionally, until it starts to crisp (around 5 minutes).
- Add the mushrooms and continue to cook for another 5 minutes.
- Drain any excess fat, and ensure ingredients are spread evenly throughout the pan.
- Season the eggs and add to the pan, making sure they are evenly distributed, to avoid any gaps.
- Move around with a fork, over a medium to low heat, until the eggs are beginning to set.
- Scatter over the tomatoes and cheese (if using) and a few chives, if you have any to hand.
- Place under a high grill for 2 minutes, or until set.
- Cut into wedges, and serve with your favourite sauces, and, if you like, a little bread and butter.
This is yet another of our favourite recipes from Good Food magazine January 2007