This is a cracking recipe for camping, as it doesn’t come much easier to do, requires no baking, and is a great one to do with the kids, so it has the added advantage of giving the kids something to do when the weather is less than ideal (or, as it’s also known, the British Summer!)
This recipe makes 3 dozen cookies.
- 1/2 cup of butter, softened
- 2/3 cup of white sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon strong brewed coffee
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/3 cup confectioners sugar (for coating)
- Cream together the butter (or margarine), sugar, cocoa, coffee and vanilla.
- Add oats, and mix well.
- Roll into 36 balls, about 1 inch in diameter.
- Dip the balls into confectioners’ sugar
- Set on wax paper.
Quick, simple, and just messy enough to keep the kids entertained, this is an ideal recipe for camping. If you feel the need, you can always spice it up with a few custom additions, including coconut, chocolate or peanut butter.