As the name suggests, this a great recipe for cooking on a bbq or open fire. You don’t even need any cooking utensils, as they can be cooked in a square of tin foil.
- 8 large baking potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 bunch of spring onions
- 250g tin of condensed cream of mushroom soup
- Cup of grated cheddar cheese
- 1/2 a cup of butter
- Black pepper & garlic salt to taste
- 1/2 cup crispy cooked bacon & 1/2 cup mushrooms (both optional)
- Prepare 8 squares of silver foil, by spraying them with cooking oil
- Mix all of the ingredients together in a bowl and divide equally between the foil squares
- Close the foil packages and place on a grill over a bbq or fire for anything from 12 – 25 minutes, depending on the heat source, until the potatoes have cooked.
That’s it. That’s all there is to it. These are pretty much a meal in themselves, but, also, a great accompaniment to any bbq and other alfresco food.